Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Summary of Fall Semester 2009

This semester of Visual Communications taught me a lot about who I am as a designer and how to create, layout and edit my own unique style. I learned ways to utilize computer programs like Illustrator, Sketch-Up and Photoshop more effectively to create quality images and enhance my hand drawn work. I also learned a lot outside of digital editing, creating and rendering. I was able to build upon my skills of hand rendering with my markers, pens and colored pencils. I learned when certain mediums are appropriate and when they are not. My floor plan rendering of a case study was very effective in assisting me in transforming my drawings from looking flat and boring to stylish and 3'D. Overall, this semester has a been a great learning experience for me and I have a lot to take away from this course to assist me in the future.

No comments: