Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mark 2-4

Hello everyone!
Well I typed this blog once and accidently closed it! haha Nothing like a little mistake to make you laugh! I have had the desire to quit Mark and mix up my reading to a different book. But! I have decided to complete Mark before adding variety. I think some repition is good sometimes, especially when reading so much material. It's like watching a great movie twice in one day. There are so many new things to notice the second time around!

Mark Dos

Read this passage from www.biblegateway.com NIV:

"8Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things? 9Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'? 10But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins . . . ." He said to the paralytic, 11"I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." 12He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!"

I like reading about how Jesus knew in His spirit and how He acts on it. The way Jesus communicates with bold love is so beautiful and I always learn so much from the way He speaks to people.

Mark tres

"Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they remained silent.

5He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored. 6Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus."

The way the Lord was feeling makes me think of times where I probably made Him distressed. I am so thankful that He is teaching me ways to distress Him a lot less! The Lord must have to deal with so much all of the time. However, amidst the foolishness we choose, He still loves us, teaches us and leads us to repentance! Praise the Lord!

"16These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means Sons of Thunder); 18Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot 19and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him."

Sometimes when I read parts of Scripture where the Lord re-names people, I wonder if when I get to Heaven if the Lord will call me by a new name. I think that would be kind of neat for Him to say, "Hello Kristina! I love you and want to call you____!" :)


Jesus is so insightful and unified. I love this in Scripture when He says,
"32A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you." 33"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.
34Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 35Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."


Mark Cuatro

Jesus thinks ahead! I really enjoyed reading that SO many people came to Jesus to hear Him speak that He stood in boat to preach :) Probably no wobbling!
"1Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge."


Isn't it wonderful when our faith grows and we look back and see that it has grown well beyond what we even realized? It takes me back to when I was a complacent Christian. I am so thankful that I can look back on so much growth, even after a week, God is able to show me some small or large lessons He taught me.
The Parable of the Growing Seed
"26He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. 27Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. 28All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. 29As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come."


Have a blessed week!

No comments: