Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010

Well hello there everyone!
Here I am again...spilling my guts about all the wonderful things God is teaching me in the Word. :) I am still really enjoying this process. As I was chatting with my friend Cassandra....I told her that I realized this whole blogging business is strangely holding me accountable. Go figure?

Tonight, I am exhausted from a very productive and fun filled day. So I am just going to be lazy and blog about some of Micah for you all. Tomorrow I will try to be more productive in terms of catching up on blog posts and updating you on my reading accomplishments.

A precursor for blogging on the book of Micah. My Bible even says at the beginning of it, that the shifts of focus can be very confusing. ha SO with that being said. Here is what I got from the book of Micah.

Micah 3-4 is really cool and intimidating. It reads, " Look! The LORD is coming from his dwelling place;
he comes down and treads the high places of the earth. The mountains melt beneath him and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like water rushing down a slope." That's how BIG and POWERFUL our God really is! I think that's pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Mmmm I like a person who stands up and speaks with LIFE what they have dwelling inside of them! Ah, it reads in 3:7-8,
7 The seers will be ashamed
and the diviners disgraced.
They will all cover their faces
because there is no answer from God."

8 But as for me, I am filled with power,
with the Spirit of the LORD,
and with justice and might,

to declare to Jacob his transgression,
to Israel his sin.


Wonderful! I love how God allows us to have His Spirit and power living inside of us. We are so unworthy of His love and mercy and power, but we get them all! He so freely gives! So declare it and do not waste opportunities to show and share it with those around you.

I liked the idea of people streaming to the church in Micah 4. It's a really great picture to think of it in terms of people coming to Christ to celebrate and worship Him together. Streams of people united under one purpose.

Today I heard a song on the radio and also was able to reflect on this verse about peace in Micah. I think God is trying to show me serenity and peace amongst chaos and challenges. It's the most amazing thing when you experience God in a full and tangible way. That deep and joyful rest and peace that can come ONLY from the Father. 5:5 says, "And he will be their peace." Ahh. Yes Lord!

I really want everyone to read chapter 6. It talks about how they are asking, should we bring God a burnt offering or offer our first born to get rid of our sin or repent of our sin? Then verse 8 gently says,

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."


Then follows Micah 7:18-20.
18 "Who is a God like you,
who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
but delight to show mercy.

19 You will again have compassion on us;
you will tread our sins underfoot
and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

20 You will be true to Jacob,
and show mercy to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our fathers
in days long ago."

He is in awe of the Lord and what He does amidst the chaos and the sinful nature of man. He sees the love of the Father. He sees through the eyes of the Lord for a moment.

If you do not already have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and are not yet allowing Him to be the One and Only God of your life...I encourage you to dig deeper and get healed from the inside by choosing to follow Him. I sincerely hope that these blog entries can help propel you into an understanding of His call for all people. All of His children. If you need more information, here are some great links:

http://www.c28.com/
http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/imageofgod.html#d2BFhDSJvvZl
http://www.c28outreach.com/need_jesus.asp

No comments: