Saturday, September 4, 2010

ready for a comeback

Where have I been for two weeks??!?! Well, college began again and life is busier than ever! I am excited to see God challenging me and teaching me amongst it all : ) I have been reading in Mark, Isaiah and Proverbs this week. I am pleasantly surprised to be learning so much from books that I have visited most recently to this undertaking. Proverbs has such level headed, simple truths in it that put you back in perspective. I needed that.

God is back to reminding me about child like faith again. I think that is a nice, heavenly way of saying stop being so serious and just trust me. Let me love you and let my love shine through you. Thanks God! I have been so consumed with school and everything that comes with ministry starting back up for the fall. God and reading my Bible have been getting put on the end of plans and the back burner of my evenings. I am ready to get back on track and put Christ first. I am so much happier when I am in Word.

God has been revealing a lot in these scriptures to me about listening and hearing God. Which is wonderful since that is the topic of small group next week! Thanks Lord! I always appreciate killing two birds with one stone.

This well known verse was exactly what I needed to hear this week, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

LOVED this and do not recall ever reading it,
"1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,

3 and if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,

4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,

5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.

6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

8 for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

9 Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair—every good path.

10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul."

Be good. Love well. Allow God to use you.

Have a blessed and relaxing labor day weekend my friends!

No comments: