Thursday, August 12, 2010

baby post

Bula!
So some of you may be wondering why I only outlined and talked about ONE little verse in ALL of Matthew. However, it is my favorite, so I figured it needed some limelight of its own. I am getting SO much more from Matthew than I had thought. I admittedly began in the book of Daniel just so that it would be a while until Matthew! haha I feel like I have read Matthew a million times, but as the Lord says, the Word of God is LIVING! So every time I read it, I get something new! Praise God for a fresh perspective!

I am getting so much from Matthew and encourage you to read it this week for some solid, great truths.

In Matthew 24 it was cool to read that even the ANGELS do not know when the rapture is to come! Not even JESUS! That is the best kept secret in the entire world! It is good to read about how when the 'end times' come, two men will be in a field and one will go but the other will stay. It says to keep away from temptation because the day He returns we do not want to be caught in foolishness. It was a great encouragement to continue to pursue God and not the desires of my heart/flesh that are so easy to do. I feel like God is really meeting me and helping me through how I speak to people and pray for people. It has been really wonderful to see the fruits of Him speaking through me and not my words of offence or confusion shining through.

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

No comments: