Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The last 24 hours

Greeting friends!
The last 24 hours have been nothing short of spiritually, mentally and physically exhausting. I was stressed and let it get the best of me and it made my reading get pushed to the side and half done, my mind was troubled and I was crying and tired. It was miserable. Today was a great morning to give to the Lord. It was all concerning school funding issues, but praise the Lord, it is all settled and resolved thanks to His grace and love! Thank you Lord!!! I learned so much from the experience. It was very humbling to say the least.

Tonight I am finishing Matthew since I was supposed to complete it last night. I really wanted to highlight the end where Jesus says that Judas will betray Him and the response He gives to Judas and His disciples is really amazing. The trust in the Father is absolutely breathtaking.

His patience in Matthew 26:24-28. The mockery He endored is hard to read.

64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

65Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66What do you think?"
"He is worthy of death," they answered.

67Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists. Others slapped him 68and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"


So what did I learn from these lines of Scripture? I learned that we always seek the Father and the will of the Father. It was very fitting for me to read this today after such a day as yesterday. The Father has the master plan and it can get rough but we must give our lives to Him to be able to endore.

Random side note: Please pray for my throat. It has been acting really crazy the last few days. Dry and hard to talk. Also, for my best friend's dad. He needs healing in his eye. Thank you! Please leave prayer requests in my comments section. I would love to pray for you!

No comments: