Friday, August 6, 2010

Zechariah and Malachi

Hugs all around!
I hope that you all are doing wonderfully this fine evening! Today for me was alright, I have definitely felt better, but I do feel good about getting this blog up to speed!!

Zechariah
I got so much out of this book of the Bible! It it very similar to Haggai but how some of the same examples from Haggai were written in Zechariah affected me differently. I liked that very much. It was a powerful and beautiful book in all.

These are some verses that spoke to me:
1. 2:5 "And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the Lord, 'and I will be its glory within.'

2. The story of the High Priest in chapter 3 is really good. The examples in verses 3-4 is really good. "3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."

3. 4:6 "6 So he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty."

4. 7:4-6 Speaks on fasting

5. 8:16

6. 9:10-12, 14-17, 10:1, 10:12
9:16 is my favorite from these verses it reads,
"The LORD their God will save them on that day
as the flock of his people.
They will sparkle in his land
like jewels in a crown."

Please read Zechariah today and be filled with new knowledge, great truths and be filled with God's promise.

Zechariah 1-:12 is what I call a power verse! Read this:
12 I will strengthen them in the LORD
and in his name they will walk,"
declares the LORD.

Malachi
God's wrath, what He likes and dislikes. The Word says "I hate divorce" and so forth. It is definitely a difficult and short book to read.

2:5-6, 5 "My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin."

No comments: